Hot air ballooning is the activity of flying in hot air balloons in the sky and capturing a bird’s eye view of the beauty of the magical island, Sri Lanka. The activity is very quiet and you won’t feel the movement since the balloon moves with the direction of the winds. Hot air ballooning has been recognized by Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) as the safest air sport in aviation, and fatalities in hot air balloon accidents are rare, according to statistics from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
In Sri Lanka usually Dambulla to Kandalana is the best hot air balloon route due to the calm and predictable climate of this region. Usually the activity takes place in the early morning when the weather is stable. The flight distance may vary from one to ten miles and the altitude may vary from tree top level to 1000 – 2000 feet high.
Some of the sights that you will always enjoy are the beautiful lakes, herds of elephants, ancient Buddhist monuments, the Kandalama tank, the fishermen, the mountains, the green forests and the cultural heritage, Sigiriya. You may even celebrate your precious moments of life like proposing to your other half, celebrating your birthday or wedding in a hot air balloon. Hot air balloon service is usually available from December to March.
Why Journeyscapes For Hot Air Ballooning Service?
- We have partnerships with world’s leading balloon manufacturers. All our pilots and ground staff are well trained and highly qualified with all the necessary credentials.
- Our balloon operations are in perfect compliance with Sri Lanka Civil Aviation requirements for safe operation.
- The balloons we use are spacious, well maintained and modern
- We limit the number of passengers for maximum comfort
- Our safety measures are unparalleled
- We fly at different attitudes both very high and tree-top level so that you will not miss all the beauties of ground, lakes and trees.
- 2 passengers, 8 passengers or 16 passengers can accommodate in different sizes of balloons.
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel