We at JourneyScapes Travel warmly welcome you to participate in our newest initiative of sustainable project in planting trees in Sigiriya. We give you an opportunity to plant a tree during your travel in Sri Lanka for every booking you made with us. Join hands with us and contribute to save the planet by offsetting the carbon dioxide emissions and neutral the damage causes to the environment.
Your participation is beneficial in many ways
- You help reforestation
- You genuinely contribute to neutralize carbon footprint of the planet
- You promote sustainable tourism
- Your holiday is wise and meaningful
- You can educate children
- You become an ambassador
- You are all set – Just travel and we will organize the rest
Seedlings available for planting
Sri Lanka is a country with tropical climate and a home for rain forests, biodiversity hotspots, nature reserves, national parks and sanctuaries. Therefore, many kinds of trees are growing in the soils of Sri Lanka.
The following seedlings are available for planting.
• Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla)
• Nedun (Pericopsis mooniana)
• Ebony (Diospyros ebenum)
• Ironwood (Mesua nagassarium)
• Halmilla (Berrya cordifolia)
• Mango (Mangifera indica)
• Jackfruits (Artocarpus heterophyllus)
• Tamarind (Tamarindus indica)
How it works?
- Book your trip to Sri Lanka with us
- We will send you the itinerary including the description of planting a tree
- Select the type of tree and submit the duly filled form
- While you are in Sri Lanka all set to plant the tree in Sigiriya or Dambulla
- Arrive at the project site in the morning with few staff of ours to assist you
- Plant the seedlings of your choice and watering it
- Take a picture posing with the tree you planted and the certificate of your participation